Call for projects (September 2021 – June 2022)
The concert season 2021/22 of Neue Musik in St. Ruprecht is dedicated to
We are looking for projects, which explore the act of collecting as well as the state of a/the collection with all its historic, etymologic and possibly also personal significance.
The Neue Musik in St. Ruprecht concert series is a place for presenting „peripheral“ music of Austrian and international provenance. Acoustic concerts as well as electronic music forms that honor the acoustic setting are desired. Special attention goes to premieres and music that is conceptualized specifically for the Ruprechtskirche and that is compatible to the contents of the manifesto (http://nmr.klingt.org/en/manifest-2).
Programs presenting real time music respectively music of the 21 st century are favoured.
The Ruprechtskirche is a sacral building with the acoustics that come with such buildings.
Lighting (except for hall lights) and a PA system are not available. Required equipment has to be rented, which has to be taken into account for the budget of the concert. You can ask the team of theNeue Musik in St. Ruprecht for suppliers and for an estimation of the costs.
Generally speaking, concerts with stereo PA but also multi-channel pieces that use the whole space are possible.
Important: There is no organ available in the church, only an (mostly untuned) upright piano.
The budget for each concert depends on fundings and sponsoring and is not fully assured at the time of this call. We would like to point out that for this reason the chances of realization are typically higher for projects with modest costs and realistic calculations. As a principle, the concert series is more suitable for smaller line-ups.
This call is for the season of September 2021 to June 2022. In this period there will be 7 concerts. Submissions that we receive after the deadline will not be considered.
● PDF file format, 2 A4/letter pages
● German or English language
● Your contact data (name, nationality, web site, email address, address, phone)
● Project description
● Duration of the performance (important if the project is not feature-length)
● Line-up, including technician(s)
● Possible dates (concerts are always on Sundays)
● List of past and planned presentations of the submitted project
● Financial expectations
● Technical requirements and space concept
● Statement why the project should be part of the series, connection to the manifesto
● Optional: Web links to concepts/scores/photos, video and audio recordings
(excerpt with max. 3 minutes duration)
Please don’t send media as email attachments.
Subject: NMR Call 2021/22