Call for projects (September 2018 – June 2019) Topic
The concert season 2018/19 of Neue Musik in St. Ruprecht is dedicated to
Call for projects 2018/19
We are looking for projects which deal with one or more aspects of „familiar“ or topics around „family“. Every reference to family is allowed. E.g.:
● The family is always a space for intimacy and closeness, for kinship/relationship and similarity – may it be social, emotional, artistic, technical, biological,…
● Recognition of the own in something/body different
● Valency of one’s own culture, modes of behavior and manners
● The term family can be understood in many different ways, e.g. family structures, mafia, ghosts (familiar spirits), clans,…
„familiarity breeds contempt“
Ensembles consisting of one instrument family only are preferred, e.g. recorder/flute-consort, choir, guitar-ensemble, string quartet, electronics ensemble,…
The Neue Musik in St. Ruprecht concert series is a place for presenting „peripheral“ music of Austrian and international provenance. Acoustic concerts as well as electronic music forms that honor the acoustic setting are desired. Special attention goes to premieres and music that is conceptualized specifically for the Ruprechtskirche and that is compatible to the contents of the manifesto (http://www.neue-musik.at/index.php/manifest/).
The Ruprechtskirche is a sacral building with the acoustics that come with such buildings.
Lighting (except for hall lights) and a PA system are not available. Required equipment has to be rented, which has to be taken into account for the budget of the concert. You can ask the team of the Neue Musik in St. Ruprecht for suppliers and for an estimation of the costs.
Generally speaking, concerts with stereo PA but also multi-channel pieces that use the whole space are possible.
Important: There is no organ available in the church, only an upright piano. A grand piano can be rented theoretically, but this comes with considerable organizational and financial expenses that need to be justified and accounted for in the project budget.
The budget for each concert depends on fundings and sponsoring and is not fully assured at the time of this call. We would like to point out that for this reason the chances of realization are typically higher for projects with modest costs and realistic calculations. As a principle, the concert series is more suitable for smaller line-ups.
January 27th, 2018 (date of arrival)
This call is for the season of September 2017 to June 2018. In this period there will be 7 concerts. Submissions that we receive after the deadline will not be considered.
● PDF file format, two A4/letter pages
● German or English language
● Your contact data (name, nationality, web site, email address, address, phone)
● Project description
● Duration of the performance (important if the project is not feature-length)
● Line-up, including technician(s)
● Possible dates (concerts are always on Sundays)
● List of past and planned presentations of the submitted project
● Financial expectations
● Technical requirements and space concept
● Statement why the project should be part of the series, connection to the manifesto
(see http://www.neue-musik.at/index.php/manifest/, second half of page)
● Optional: Web links to concepts/scores/photos, video and audio recordings
(excerpt with max. 3 minutes duration)
Please don’t send media as email attachments.
Please use this address exclusively for all call-related communication.